Thursday, September 18, 2008

Motives/Actions

So many things I feel that I learn, things that I cannot put into words... Like a spark of clarity illuminating a room, I can now find my through it, but lack the vocabulary to describe what I saw (as an effort to remind myself for future reference?)...

Or perhaps such epiphanies are the fruit of a process, and I cannot describe the taste of that fruit without first telling the tale of the process... (And the fruit of the process is really the most useless part, neh?)

So I sit, with the knowledge/assumption that it is not only of benefit, but the only benefit, to commit an action regardless of your motive. Your motive will shape to that action if it is repeated in mind or body, to varying degrees. It is not by thinking about charity or smiles that one becomes charitable or happy.

I lie. Perhaps the thought is a first step. But it is not, as a discreet entity, immediately prior to the (illusion of) discreet entity of happiness or charity.

No comments: