Friday, August 1, 2008

Just a Moment of Thoughts

Perpetually confused... a moment taken to breathe without even that being the intention, just so sit and listen and wonder...

Super Teacher of the Day? Are you kidding me? By no means is my effort deserving of that award that I could not convince myself I did not actually secretly covet.

I began the summer with great intentions, but no idea on how to implement them. Teaching is the most difficult thing I have done. I hope, I beg, I pray that my 8 week commitment made an iota of a difference, a scratch on the surface, spread forth a single ripple...

But my how I feel that I have grown in the past few weeks... If I had known what I would be expected to do, I never would have done it. But I am so grateful that I was ignorant, that I walked blindly into this opportunity for such personal growth and social contribution.

Breakthrough songs swarm through my mind,
Adventures with fellow teachers my dreams do become,
The smiles of a hundred students become my world...

It's over, and I feel I barely got started,
I wish I had more to give,
More of myself to pour into each thing I do...

No comments: