Monday, December 21, 2009

Back in Miami - Part 1

My own anger and unhappiness leads me to lash out. As I wallow, an ant approaches. Without thinking, I kick it, refraining barely at the last moment. Too late. I try to set him on his feet, but one leg is broken. And now he limps.

What have I done?

I have let my quest for... superiority? whatever it is, I have let it become a fuel for a misery that I inflict upon an unwitting sentient ant. How long befores this consumes me further?

It is pervasive today, anger, arrogance, judgment. How do I release it? Or do I catalyze it, use it as fuel for the creative process? It is in creation that I find my liberation, perhaps?

But not solely, either. I also require interaction with others, and homeostatic disuption, a stress-induced growth, on more than the physiological level. I require it emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, philosophically... grammatically.

No comments: